Wednesday, November 4, 2009

practicum

I must admit that I enjoyed my practicum very much. My school was great and all the kids were well behaved. The most memorable part for me was to make a quiz for them and it was so much of fairness and judgment that I had to use. I totally found out that in order to be a good teacher you need to be a good judge and apply fairness everywhere. Also, I got to teach the adapted grade 8 and 9 class and I was really surprised that how much I enjoyed this particular class more than any other regular classes that I taught. I also found out that teaching is something that it comes to you gradually and it is not something that you can learn it over a night. You need to make your mistakes and you need to learn from them. Teacher are indeed long time learners. I got to watch other classes such as music and social studies which were a lot different than math and saw how classroom management was different in each class. I found out that in order to be a successful teacher we need to think that we are teaching our own kids instead of thinking that we are teaching others kids. I also had experiences that I found out that we need to be firm and show students that we are not their friends, but we can be friendly to them. Students need to understand that there is boundary between teachers and students and they cannot cross that at all. All in all, my two weeks practicum was great and I enjoyed every bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment