Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My second memorable teacher

My Second Memorable teacher

In my life, I have always tried to remember people for their good manners and leave behind any negative memories from them; however, this particular chemistry teacher that I had in grade 11 was one the worst. That is why he is one of most memorable teachers that I have ever had in my entire life.
I remember him having a chalk in hand and writing without paying any attention whether students really understood the material that he was offering. Even when students raised their hands to ask a question, he would tell them to ask their questions at the end of the hour. However, with many questions piled up at the end, he would answer a couple of them in a rush and leave the rest unanswered due to different excuses. By doing so, he would fulfill his duties as a teacher, but not as a real educator. I truly believe that “It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference.” (Tom Brokaw)
However, I decided if I see him one day I would thank him because I have learned a lot from his manner. I have learned that a real educator is the one who should be the opposite of him. Indeed he was one of my most memorable teachers that I have ever had.
By: Maryam.A

No comments:

Post a Comment