Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reflecion& Comments on "BattleGround Schools"

Comments and reflection on BattelGround Schools:
While I was reading the article “BattleGround Schools”, the first part of the article drew my attention to an interesting word which was ‘math phobic’. I used to be a math phobic myself and it was really interesting for me that this article was describing how and why people become a math phobic. Overall, I think this article gave me a great clue about the history of mathematics curriculum in America from early nineteenth century. I also think that learning about those three movements was required for us since mathematics curriculum is something that we always must deal with. In addition, I believe that the mathematics curriculum must be designed in a way that it can develop students’ abilities in understanding math deeper and help them to overcome their fear in problem solving. All in all, I am glad that I got a little bit familiar with the history of mathematics curriculum.

1 comment:

  1. interesting blog,i'm mathematics curriculum phobic,but when i need something about maths i go to complete curriculum ...this is my help..schools must show children that the maths are so cool...

    ReplyDelete