Saturday, September 26, 2009

Self Reflection on our interview

Self Reflection on our interview

As future educators and new teacher candidates, we must keep in mind that we are all long-time learners. This interview was a great opportunity for me to learn more about students and their needs in different level math classes. It also taught me styles of teaching that I can offer to my future students to help them understand math better. What I understood from our interview candidates, a teacher and two high school students, was that teenagers especially in math classes get bored easily, or they simply fall into asleep. To keep the students away from boredom I, as a new teacher candidate, must be able to make a fun environment for my class. In order to do so, I sometimes need to provide the students with some interesting math puzzles, or engage them with fun actives in group works. Another way to avoid any boredom in classrooms is to let the students talk more. I have also learned that being available for students is very essential. As a future educator I have to be open and show them that I am accessible anytime they need me to. This interview also made me realize that each individual ways of learning and understanding are as different like the colors of the rainbow. Thus, as an educator that I will be, I should be able to provide my students with different types of methods of teaching so that each student can learn and understand math better.

No comments:

Post a Comment